THE WEST NEW YORK PARKING UTILITY
REQUESTS PROPOSALS FROM INDIVIDUALS/FIRMS INTERESTED IN SERVING AS “A WEBMASTER/WEBSITE MAINTAINER”
FOR THE PERIOD: ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THE NOTICE TO PROCEEED
Pursuant to the Fair and Open Process described under N.J.S.A. 19:44A-1, et seq., the West New York Parking Utility (WNYPU) seeks Request for Proposal (“RFP”) for the position of Webmaster/Website Maintainer to The West New York Parking Utility as directed by the Board of Commissioners for a contract period of ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF THE NOTICE TO PROCEEED. The WNYPU will also have an option to extend the contract for an additional one year term under the same terms and conditions. All Proposals will be publicly opened on February 8, 2018 at 10:00 A.M. at The West New York Parking Utility Administrative Offices at 224 – 60th Street, West New York, NJ 07093 in the Conference Room.
It should be noted that nothing herein, in any contract or by and through any web hosting services or web master or maintainer services for the West New York Parking Utility shall create any ownership or propriety interest in the website and or domain address of the West New York Parking Utility and all information uploaded to the website regardless of creation is and shall be the property of the West New York Parking Utility without any qualification, reservation of rights and or claims to same by the successful candidate. All information whatsoever shall be the intellectual property of the West New York Parking Utility.
All candidates are required to comply with N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et seq and N.J.A.C. 178:27 as amended (Affirmative Action). All candidates shall submit as part of their response, proof of business registration with the New Jersey Division of Taxation (P.L. 2004, C.57). The successful candidate must have significant experience in publishing and hosting a website/multi-page B.P.M. website and bilingual capability by an individual fluent in Spanish and not by using any auto translation tools for data management and public information purposes for a public entity.
The successful candidate will provide the Parking Authority with services related, but not necessarily limited to:
1. Web publishing and hosting of a webpage/multi-page B.P.M. website for data management and public information purposes as specified and approved by the authority.
2. Fulfilling of all applicable legal requirements including, but not limited to copyright notices and publishers’ notices, for hosting of a website with web address of https://wnyparkingauthority.org/ on space leased by the successful candidate.
3. Maintaining, updating and expanding of webpage/web site upon request.
4. Ability to incorporate information onto the website in the Spanish language and create a website with bilingual components by an individual fluent in the Spanish language and not by using any auto translation tools.
5. Performance of any other related tasks as directed.
6. Available to update webpage in case of emergency public announcement(s)
Professional Information and Qualifications
Copies of these standardized submission requirements and selection criteria are on file and available from the Office of the Parking Authority Director.
Each interested candidate shall submit the following information:
1. Name of firm or individual;
2. Address of principal place of business and all other offices and corresponding telephone and fax numbers;
3. Please note specifically which website developer/website maintainer will be assigned to work with the WNYPU;
4. Address your ability to service the WNYPU when needed on an expedited basis;
5. Description of candidate’s education, experience, qualifications, number of years with the firm and a description of their experience with projects similar to those described above;
6. Experience related to computer network and systems management of urban municipalities or parking authorities;
7. Experience related to design and implementation of bilingual website components;
8. At least four (4) references, three (3) of which must have knowledge of your service;
9. The candidate’s ability to provide the services in a timely fashion (including staffing, familiarity and location of key staff);
10. Cost details
a. Including the hourly rates of each of the individuals who will perform the services
b. Time estimates for each individual,
c. All related expenses,
d. Total cost of “not to exceed” amount;
11. Provide quotes for maintaining the Authorities’ current website including the bilingual components;
12. Your proposal should be quoted at a flat rate per month and alternatively at an hourly rate to maintain the website;
13. Any other information which the interested firm deems relevant.
14. Statement of corporate ownership if applicable (c.52:25-24.2)
The selection criteria used in awarding a contract or agreement for professional services as described herein shall include:
1. Qualifications of the individuals who will perform the tasks and the degree of their respective participation;
2. Experience and references;
3. Ability to perform the task in a timely fashion, including staffing and familiarity with the subject matter;
4. Cost competitiveness;
5. Compliance with the Parking Authority’s terms of payment in accordance with the Local Public Contracts law and other laws of the Parking Authority; and
6. Due consideration will be given to familiarity with the Town of West New York Parking Utility and the Town of West New York.
7. Other factors determined to be in the best interests of the WNYPU.
Sealed RFPs will be publicly opened by the Executive Director of the West New York Parking Utility, Amiris Perez at the Administrative Offices of the West New York Parking Utility, 224 60th Street, West New York, NJ at 10:00 am on February 8, 2018. Proposals must be received no later than 10:00 am on February 8, 2018, in accordance with the Request for Proposals now on file in the office of the Executive Director, 224-60th Street, West New York, N.J. (telephone no. 201-295-1575; email@example.com), where same may be obtained during office hours from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. Proposals received after that date and time will be returned unopened.
All RFPs shall be submitted in sealed envelopes addressed to the Executive Director of The West New York Parking Utility, the envelope shall have marked conspicuously on its face on the top right-hand side in letters not less than one inch the word “Request for Proposals” followed immediately below those words in letters not less than one half inch high: “Request for Proposals for Individuals / Firms Interested in Serving as a “Webmaster / Website Maintainer for the Town of West New York Parking Utility” and underneath “To be received on the 8th day of February, 2018 by 10:00 a.m.” Proposals will not be accepted by facsimile transmission or e-mail. Proposals shall be submitted using white 8.5” x 11” paper and shall be in accordance with the specifications contained in the Request for Proposals.
In order for RFPs to be accepted by mail or courier, the RFPs must be placed in an outer envelope, and be clearly marked in the same manner as set forth above, with the same size and information.
Respondents must submit an original and two (2) copies of their proposal using white 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper to:
West New York Parking Utility
Attn: Amiris Perez, Executive Director or Steven Rodas, Temp Purchasing Agent
224 – 60th Street
West New York, NJ 07093
The RFP process commences with the issuance of this RFP. The deadline involved in the process and the anticipated completion dates are posted on the West New York Parking Utility website at www.wnypanj.com. WNYPU reserves the rights to, among other things, amend, modify or alter the Procurement Schedule upon notice to all potential Respondents who have provided contact information to the Purchasing Agent upon receipt of this RFP.
All communications concerning this RFP or the procurement and contract award process shall be directed, in writing, to WNYPU’s designated contact person, Steven Rodas, Temporary Purchasing Agent, West New York Parking Utility, 224 60th Street, West New York, New Jersey 07093 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The West New York Parking Utility reserves the right to reject any or all Proposals, to waive any informalities or to accept a Proposal which, in its judgment, best serves the interest of The West New York Parking Utility.