Request for Proposals “Grant Consultant Services” for The West New York Parking Utility
Pursuant to the Fair and Open Process described under N.J.S.A. 19:44A-1, et seq., the Parking Authority seeks Proposals (“RFP”) from firms that wish to serve as state grant consultant, as, directed by the Board of Commissioners of The West New York Parking Utility the Board of Commissioners for a contract period beginning on January , 2017 and ending December 31, 2017. The successful firm must have significant experience in representing New Jersey municipalities in preparing grant applications. If awarded a contract, your company/firm shall be required to comply with the requirements of N.J.S.A. 10:5-31 et. seq. and N.J.A.C. 17:27 et seq. The successful firm will provide the Parking Authority with grant consultation relating to grants:
The Parking Authority is seeking a consultant that can provide grant writing services. The Grant writing services are as follows:
1. Prepare formal appropriation request documentation for West New York Parking Utility projects, in accordance with documentary formats and timetables required by the State, County or local officials.
2. Serve as legislative liaison with cognizant State and County professional staff, and professional staff of the State and County elected officials regarding Parking Authority projects for which State or County appropriations or authorizations are requested.
3. Prepare evidentiary materials and supportive documentation required to be submitted to assist evaluation of State or County appropriations and authorizations requests for West New York projects.
4. Conduct research that may be required to support specific State or County appropriations or authorizations requests for West New York projects proposed for appropriations or authorization funding, including legislative precedents for proposed Parking Authority projects established through appropriations and authorization legislation enacted in prior fiscal years.
5. Be a liaison, as may be required, to facilitate coordination between State and County legislative staffs with respect to inclusion of earmarked funding for Parking Authority projects.
6. Be a liaison with cognizant State and County Executive Branch program officials with respect to formal application and budgetary documentation required to be submitted following State or County approval of State or County appropriations earmarked for Parking Authority projects.
7. Provide technical .assistance that may be required by the Parking Authority relative to pre-award application requirements, post-award reporting requirements and compliance features/requirements of State or County programs under which funding is appropriated for Parking Authority projects.
8. Provide assistance as may be necessary to enable the Parking Authority to identify State discretionary grant programs which could provide additional funding assistance to support projects and activities that address specific needs and priorities identified by the Parking Authority, particularly with respect to community revitalization and economic development, enhancement of public safety emergency response capability for the Parking Authority, and improvement of transportation infrastructure. Also provide technical assistance to designated Parking Authority to assist development of competitive proposals/grant applications which properly reflect evaluation criteria, program priorities, budgetary considerations, applicable compliance features and regulatory/statutory requirements, and policies of the cognizant federal grantor agency (ies).
9. Provide assistance as may be necessary to enable the Parking Authority to identify foundation and/or corporate grant programs which could provide additional funding assistance for West New York projects, and also provide technical assistance to designated Parking Authority of West New York staff to assist development of competitive proposals/grant applications which properly reflect pertinent evaluation criteria, program priorities, budgetary considerations and policies of the grantor foundation or corporate grantor.
10. Provide direct liaison with cognizant State/County officials responsible for the administration of grant program funding assistance to the Parking Authority, to facilitate timely and accurate communication on applications submitted and projects undertaken by the Parking Authority.
11. Provide related professional assistance as may be required by the Parking Authority to resolve questioned costs; disputed issues and adverse technical findings resulting from State/County monitoring or audit examinations of StateCounty programs monitored by the Parking Authority.
12. Any other matters as directed by the Parking Authority.
Each candidate shall submit proof of business registration with the New Jersey Division of Taxation (P.L. 2004, C.57) and must comply with the Affirmative Action requirement contained at N.J.A.C. 17:27 et seq.
Professional Information and Qualifications
Copies of this standardized submission requirements and selection criteria are on file and available from the Office of the Parking Authority Clerk. Each interested firm shall submit the following information:
1. Name of Firm;
2. Address of principal place of business and all of the firm’s offices and corresponding telephone and fax numbers. Please note specifically which persons will be assigned to work with the Parking Authority;
3. Areas of grant consultant expertise;
4. Description of firm’s education, experience, qualifications, number of years with the firm and a description of their experience with projects similar to those described above;
5. Experience related to grants consultation with public entities;
6. At least four (4) references, three (3) of which must have knowledge of your grants consultation with a public entity;
7. Examples of your record of success providing grants consulting services for public entities in an urban environment;
8. The firm’s ability to provide the services in a timely fashion (including staffing, familiarity and location of key staff);
9. Cost details, including the hourly rates of each of the individuals who will perform the services, and all expenses. Work will be paid based on the hourly rates plus expenses of the individuals performing the work and upon submission and approval of a breakdown of the time spent on the work. The proposer shall provide a not to exceed cap on services for duration of the contract;
10. Statement of corporate ownership (c.52:25-24.2).
The selection criteria used in awarding a contract or agreement for professional services as described herein shall include:
1. Qualifications of the individuals who will perform the tasks and the amounts of their respective participation;
2. Experience and references;
3. Ability to perform the task in a timely fashion, including staffing and familiarity with the subject matter;
4. Cost competitiveness; and
5. Due consideration will be given to familiarity with grants that may be available to the Parking Authority.
Sealed RFPs will be publicly opened by the Parking Authority of West New York Confrance room in her offices at West New York Parking Utility Hall, 224-60th Street, West New York, NJ at 11:00 a.m. on January 9th, 2017. RFP must be received no later than 11:00a.m. on January 9, 2017 by:
West New York Parking Utility
Attn: Amiris Perez, Acting Acting Executive Director or Xenia Rivero, Qualified Purchasing Agent
224 – 60th Street
West New York, NJ 07093
Please submit one original and two (2) copies of the RFP. Use white 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper.